Updated 2nd November 2020:
The government has announced a 4 week lockdown commencing on Thursday 5th November 2020. The construction, manufacturing and educations sectors are to remain operating and as an essential service to these industries we remain OPEN unless further government announcements instruct training centres to close.
Our classroom courses will continue to operate with the Covid measures in place and we will be adding more courses which we can deliver remotely.
Delegates will be temperature checked on arrival.
In our training rooms delegates do not have to wear a face mask for the duration of the course if they do not wish to however we kindly request that delegates do adhere to the 2 metre rule and when moving outside of the training room wear a face covering.
If delegates have the NHS Covid-19 app on their mobile phones we kindly ask delegates to scan our QR code to help stop the spread of coronavirus.
Five Steps to Working Safer:
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
1. We will be offering a selection of courses which we are able to deliver remotely via video conference call. Please visit Remote Training Courses for more info.
2. For courses which will be held at our training centre extra safety measures have been put in place to ensure delegates and trainers safety. Please click here to view our Covid 19 policy.
You can also view a short video highlighting some of the measures in place by clicking here.
Some of the measures put in place:
- Our training rooms have been re-designed to ensure each delegate has their own desk to sit at with a minimum of 2 metres between each desk and the trainer.
- Only one delegate is permitted at each desk. As a result our maximum delegate attendance has been reduced to ensure there are not too many delegates in the training room.
- Hand sanitizer, hand sanitiser wipes and anti-bacterial spray will be available to all delegates to use in the training room. Toilets and refreshment areas have hand washing facilities.
- Delegates will be temperature checked on arrival.
- There is a one way system at our venue with a separate entry and exit to ensure delegates can move more freely.
- For full day courses delegates will need to provide their own lunch.
- For practical courses delegates will need to bring their own PPE and equipment such as harnesses.
PASMA – Due to covid-19 the theory element will need to be completed online via our e-learning facility where you will go through the theory of the course. On the day of the PASMA course delegates will complete the exam and then the practical at our training centre in reduced sized groups. This means the exam and course will only take half a day rather than the full day reducing the time delegates are in a classroom. Please visit our PASMA course page for more information.
CITB are now permitting classroom and remote delivery courses . All of our CITB courses are available in both formats.
Refresher courses – Delegates certification which expired after the 15th March have been given a grace period and have until the 31st January 2021 to attend a refresher course.
IPAF Due to covid-19 the theory element will need to be completed online via the IPAF e-learning facility where you will go through the theory of the course. On the day of the course delegates will complete the exam and then the practical at our training centre in reduced sized groups. This means the exam and course will only take half a day rather than the full day reducing the time delegates are in a classroom. Delegates will be split into AM and PM sessions to ensure social distancing.
Whilst our offices are open we are operating on reduced hours, please allow extra time for responses to emails and phone calls.