CITB SMSTS Course
Official 5- day Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) training course from the CITB – of which we are an accredited member and an approved CITB training provider.
Course helps site managers and potential site managers develop their construction skills, knowledge, awareness and understanding of their legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites.
- Intro to Health & Safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions
- Overviews and explanations of relevant construction activity legislation
- Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements
- Risk assessment and ‘principles of prevention’
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring
- Management of Contractors
- Development of ’safe systems of work’ and permit systems
- Effective communicating
- Behavioural science including awareness of human error
- Motivating safety behaviour
- Recognition of an organisation’s duties and responsibilities
- Recognition of responsibilities of Managers, Supervisors and Operatives
- Production of site activity instructions (safe system of work)
- Planning for health and safety within the context of a project
Many employers insist all site managers hold this certificate. At the end of the course delegates are aware of site manager responsibilities and will be able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
- You will need to provide a valid photo ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence – see – accepted ID list.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge of £70 + VAT.
CITB Levy payers
To allow for the automated process of claiming back your training grant, please ensure that the delegates/s attending have the company Levy number and enter the number on the relevant section of the course paperwork on the day of the course. If this information is not entered companies will need to do a retrospective claim.
Who needs a CITB SSP Certificate
People responsible for the management of construction activities such as construction, building maintenance or facilities management.
Please contact us for dates and availability either by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01179 711 892, are office hours are 08:30-16:45 Monday-Friday
Libben Health & Safety Training Courses & Consultancy
Q: Can I get a CITB grant for this course?
Yes, CITB Members can apply for CITB grants of £250 towards this course.
Q: Can you provide the refresher course?
Yes we do, please click here or contact us for more info.
Q: What is the grace period for renewing?
There is no grace period - if you wish to renew you must do so before the expiry date of your existing certificate.
It was very good to have a trainer from the industry with relevant experience rather than a graduate/theorist.