Official CITB course of which we are an accredited member.
Course helps site managers and potential site managers develop their construction skills, knowledge, awareness and understanding of their legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites.
- Intro to Health & Safety law, duties, responsibilities, enforcement and sanctions
- Overviews and explanations of relevant construction activity legislation
- Accident costs, causes, investigation, prevention and reporting requirements
- Risk assessment and ‘principles of prevention’
- Safety management systems, policies, plans, performance and measuring
- Management of Contractors
- Development of ’safe systems of work’ and permit systems
- Effective communicating
- Behavioural science including awareness of human error
- Motivating safety behaviour
- Recognition of an organisation’s duties and responsibilities
- Recognition of responsibilities of Managers, Supervisors and Operatives
- Production of site activity instructions (safe system of work)
- Planning for health and safety within the context of a project
Many employers insist all site managers hold this certificate. At the end of the course delegates are aware of site manager responsibilities and be able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
Mandatory entry requirements:
- You will need to provide a valid photo ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge of £70 + VAT.
If you are a Levy Paying CITB member you may be eligible to apply for a grant for your training. Please at the time of booking or on the training course supply your Levy number and company name. We are unable to submit claim’s after the course has been completed. Click here for info o CITB Levy grants.
Who needs a CITB SSP Certificate
People responsible for the management of construction activities such as construction, building maintenance or facilities management.
|Days||Price per person||Location||Dates||Status|
|1||647||5||£500.00 + VAT||Bristol, Brislington (L)||Mon 30 Nov 2020 to Fri 04 Dec 2020||Sold Out|
|2||647||5||£500.00 + VAT||Remote Training Course||Mon 11 Jan 2021 to Fri 15 Jan 2021||Sold Out|
Q: Can I get a CITB grant for this course?
A: Yes, CITB Members can apply for CITB grants of £250 towards this course.
Q: Can you provide the SMSTS Refresher course?
A: Yes we do, please click here or contact us for more info.
Q: What is the grace period for renewing SMSTS?
A: There is no grace period - if you wish to renew your SMSTS you must do so before the expiry date of your existing certificate.
Feedback on SMSTS Course
It was very good to have a trainer from the industry with relevant experience rather than a graduate/theorist.