Safety Harness & Lanyard · ManSafe Training
We’ve found 60% of delegates attending our work at height courses had either little or no training on the ManSafe™ systems installed to protect them. Likewise 80% of delegates have been issued with the wrong type of safety harness and/or lanyard.
This practical course aims to ensure that all buyers and users of ManSafe as well as safety harness & lanyards understand which kit they should be using to offer full protection, and how to properly inspect kit.
- Health & Safety Laws & Regulations – understanding your legal duty including
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Responsibilities of the employer and employee
- Different types of harnesses and lanyards and their practical applications
- How to put on, fit, wear, work in and store the different types of harnesses
- Importance of regular safety harness and lanyard inspections – who is responsible and how often they must be done with examples
- Importance of issuing and using the correct Safety Harness and Lanyards and PPE and how to inspect it
- How to collate a safe rescue plan to reduce the time an operative is suspended in a harness
- Operative suspension trauma
- Delegate practical session with adjustment and fitting of harnesses and lanyards
- Mansafe system – Inspection, testing, end user equipment
- Different types of Mansafe systems including roof, wall and ladder systems
- Practical demonstration of a mansafe system with transfastner harness and lanyard
- Test paper/questions/ handouts & review
Who needs ManSafe training
This practical course is not only essential for users of mansafe, fall arrest and/or restraint equipment, but is also aimed at their supervisors and managers, business owners and buyers of PPE equipment.
Alan is our Senior Trainer and Technical Director.
He spent 30 years as a Health & Safety Director of a National Construction company, so he has the muddy boots experience, the qualifications, the stories as well as the likability and sense of humour so crucial to helping people understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace.