Asbestos Awareness Cat A (in house)
Asbestos is harmful substance that continues to kill many people every year. It is the biggest occupational killer in the UK.
Asbestos fibres are invisible to the human eye and are easily disturbed, breathing in any type of asbestos fibre can cause terminal illness such as lung disease which can result in death.
You must be given awareness training if you are at risk of encountering or disturbing asbestos whilst carrying out your everyday work.
- Identification of the three main types of Asbestos and its effects on health
- Legislation – Buildings constructed before the year 2000 by law be considered as potentially containing asbestos and must be subject to an appropriate survey.
- Types of products and materials likely to contain asbestos
- Identification of Asbestos products with in domestic, commercial and industrial properties
- Managers Responsibilities (how to protect workers and avoid a prosecution)
- Safe work practices, control measures, and protective equipment
- The purpose, choice, limitations, proper use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment
- Emergency procedures (how to deal with an asbestos incident)
- Video examples and handouts
- Test paper
If you require accredited training (i.e. people who work on building sites) we recommend UKATA accredited Asbestos Awareness Training.
If you want to work with or remove asbestos we recommend UKATA Asbestos Training for Non Licensed Works (CAT B).
Who needs asbestos awareness
Everyone liable to be exposed to asbestos and anyone who has or is likely to disturb the fabrication of buildings constructed before 1999 at work must have mandatory training.
This course is for people who do not require accredited training.
Alan is our Senior Trainer and Technical Director.
He spent 30 years as a Health & Safety Director of a National Construction company, so he has the muddy boots experience, the qualifications, the stories as well as the likability and sense of humour so crucial to helping people understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace.
|Days||Price per person||Location||Dates||Status|
|2||642||bristol||0.5||£50.00 + VAT||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||Wed 28 Jul 2021||
7 Places Available
|3||642||bristol||0.5||£50.00 + VAT||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||Wed 22 Sep 2021||
9 Places Available
|5||642||bristol||0.5||£50.00 + VAT||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||Wed 24 Nov 2021||
9 Places Available
Q: Is this course accredited?
A: Whilst this course fully satisfies the requirements of the Control of Asbestos Regulations of 2012 this course is not accredited. If you require accredited training we recommend the UKATA Asbestos Awareness course which we also do.
Q: Will this course allow me to remove asbestos?
A: No, this course will not teach you how to remove asbestos. If you want to do this we recommend UKATA Non Licensed Asbestos Removal training which we can also supply.
Q: How do I know if I need non-accredited or accredited asbestos awareness training?
A: Best to check with your employer or site to see what they require so you can make an informed choice, rather than choose the wrong type of training.
Feedback on Asbestos Awareness Cat A (in house)
Alan has given some examples based on experience - just what's needed on a course like this.