IPAF Scissor & Boom · 3a & 3b · Training
Widely recognised qualification – trains an operator to prepare and safely operate two types of Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (MEWPS) as per IPAF guidelines:
- Mobile Vertical · 3A · scissor lifts · once manoeuvred into the required position they move straight up and down vertically.
- Mobile Boom · 3B · cherry pickers · self-propelled booms which can be articulated.
- Introduction to MEWPs and pre theory test
- MEWP regulations and guidance
- Machine types and use
- Responsibilities of employees and employers
- Pre use safety checks and inspection
- Safe working environment and systems of work
- Operating and controlling machines
- Emergency lowering systems
- How to safely store machines
- Regular maintenance – what to look for
- Correct use of PPE to ensure proper protection (including use of safety harness and lanyards in MEWPs)
- Theory test – multiple choice
- Practical assessment – operating machines
- Delegates must pass the theory test in the AM before the practical assessment.
- All certifications will be issued digitally via the IPAF E-PAL card App and in a PDF format via email. IPAF’s ePAL app is a digital wallet to store and share IPAF licences and qualifications – download the free app:
- If delegates would still like to receive an actual card and certificate, please advise at the time of booking or before the course and we can order a card and certificate for an additional fee of £15 + VAT per delegate.
- Requests for cards and certificates after the course will cost £36 + VAT.
IPAF training is provided through our partner IPAF registered training provider.
|Days||Price per person||Location||Dates||Status|
|1||641||bristol||1||£215.00 + VAT||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||Mon 11 Dec 2023||Sold Out|
|2||641||bristol||1||£215.00 + VAT||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||Mon 29 Jan 2024||Sold Out|
|3||641||bristol||1||£215.00 + VAT||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||Mon 26 Feb 2024||
2 Places Available
|4||641||bristol||1||£215.00 + VAT||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||Mon 25 Mar 2024||
4 Places Available
|5||641||bristol||1||£215.00 + VAT||St Annes · Bristol · BS4||Mon 29 Apr 2024||
4 Places Available
Who needs IPAF training
Operators of control powered access equipment and people who manage or supervise them.
Greg qualified as an IPAF and PASMA Instructor in 2010.
Before then he worked in interior trades - suspended ceilings, drylining and some carpentry from leaving school.
He specialises in work at height training.
Q: Is there an age limit on the IPAF course?
Yes, delegates need to be 16 or over.
Q: Are there other categories of IPAF training?
Yes, there's a full list below. We provide training on IPAF 1b (Static Boom/Van Mount) and Push Around Verticals (PAV) powered access categories - please, get in touch for info.
Q: What are the IPAF pass marks?
An 80% pass mark applies to the IPAF Operator theory test, and successful delegates go on to complete the practical session for which the pass mark is 75%.
Q: Is there such an IPAF Renewal Course?
Yes, as long as the following criteria are met:
- Your current IPAF certificate is still in date.
- Your IPAF log book has at least 60 entries in it from the last 5 years and 10 of the entries were in the last year.
If your answer is no to the above then in order to renew your license you need to attend a full IPAF course again. If your answer is yes to the above, then we can help you as well with a half day refresher course - please, get in touch for info.
Q: How long does an IPAF PAL card last?
IPAF tickets are valid for 5 years.
Q: List of IPAF Categories
- Static Vertical (1a): Vertical personnel platforms (static)
- Static Boom (1b, 1b+): Self-propelled booms (outriggers), trailers/push-arounds, vehicle-mounted platforms
- Mobile Vertical (3a, 3a+): Scissor lifts, vertical personnel platforms (mobile)
- Mobile Boom (3b, 3b): Self-propelled booms
- Push Around Vertical (PAV): Push around verticals
- Insulated Aerial Device (IAD)
- Specialist machines (SPECIAL)
Feedback on IPAF Scissor & Boom · 3a & 3b · Training
Attended the IPAF S&B 3A/3B course in Oct 2020 and it was really good. Completing the theory before the course via the E-Learning means you only need to attend half a day. Covid measures are really good, clear and easy to follow the course is outside which helps. The trainer was really informative and helpful.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
On completion of the IPAF 3a & 3b course you're eligible for:
New Summit Platforms customers - 20% off your first hire.
Existing Summit Customers - an extra 10% off your current rates on your next MEWP hire.