CITB SSSTS Refresher
The official CITB Site Safety Plus training course from the Construction Industry Training Board of which we are an accredited and audited member.
We are committed to the govenment guidance for social distancing during the current Covid-19 pandemic and we offering both classroon and remote delivery for this course. Our remote delivery allows delegates to attend the course from their home or work anywhere with in the United Kingdom.
- The structure of health and safety law
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- The role of method statements
- Health, safety and welfare on construction sites
- Effective communication on your site – delegates are required to deliver a presntation to the group
- Behavioural safety
- How to supervise occupational health
Mandatory entry requirements:
- Your current CITB SSSTS certification must still be in date, the refresher cannot be attended oncer your certification has expired.
- You will need to provide a valid photo ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- There is a mandatory presentation which delegates must complete to pass the course.
If you are a Levy Paying CITB member you may be eligible to apply for a grant for your training. Please at the time of booking or on the training course supply your Levy number and company name. We are unable to submit claim’s after the course has been completed. For information of CITB Levy grants please click here.
Who Needs CITB SSSTS Refresher
People who need to renew their previous Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme qualification.
Alan is our Senior Trainer and Technical Director.
He spent 30 years as a Health & Safety Director of a National Construction company, so he has the muddy boots experience, the qualifications, the stories as well as the likability and sense of humour so crucial to helping people understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace.
Q: My initial SSSTS certification has expired, can I attend the refresher course?
A: Unfortunately, if your Site Safety Plus certification has expired you will need to do the full 2 day course again. Please make sure you renew prior to your certification running out.
Q: Can I see a copy of the SSSTS refresher course syllabus?
A: Yes, it's available here
Feedback on CITB SSSTS Refresher
It was very good to have a trainer from the industry with relevant experience rather than a graduate/theorist.