IPAF – 3A/3B – Avonmouth (Bristol)
Widely recognised qualification – trains an operator to prepare and safely operate two types of Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (MEWPS) as per IPAF guidelines:
- Mobile Vertical · 3A · scissor lifts · once manoeuvred into the required position they move straight up and down vertically.
- Mobile Boom · 3B · cherry pickers · self-propelled booms which can be articulated.
Short video of part of an IPAF course:
Scroll down to the FAQ section to see all categories.
- Introduction to MEWPs and pre theory test
- MEWP regulations and guidance
- Machine types and use
- Responsibilities of employees and employers
- Pre use safety checks and inspection
- Safe working environment and systems of work
- Operating and controlling machines
- Emergency lowering systems
- How to safely store machines
- Regular maintenance – what to look for
- Correct use of PPE to ensure proper protection (including use of safety harness and lanyards in MEWPs)
- Theory test – multiple choice
- Practical assessment – operating machines
IPAF training is provided through our partner IPAF registered training provider. Delegates will need to complete the theory part via E-learning prior to the practical session.
On of the 1st June 2021 IPAF introduced digital certification. All certification will be issued digitally via the IPAF E-PAL card App and in a PDF format via email.
IPAF’s ePAL app is a digital wallet to store and share IPAF licences and qualifications – download the free app:
If delegates would still like to receive an actual card and certificate, please advise at the time of booking or before or on the course and we can order a card and certificate for an additional fee of £15 + VAT per delegate.
Please contact us for availability by emailing email@example.com (scroll to the bottom of any of our web pages & click the email address) or by calling 01179 711 892 during our working hours