As of January 2020 CSCS and CITB have changed the process of obtaining your Green CSCS card. CSCS have now introduced an apply online function which they will more than likely direct all delegates to when applying for their cards.
This process requires delegates to have a copy of their CITB Site Safety Health and Safety Awareness certificate and their CITB Health, safety and environment (HSE) test print out as proof of passing.
This new system means applying for your CSCS card is a longer process than the previous system as us as the provider have to wait for the certification to be issued and sent to us by CITB which can take up to 2-4 weeks.
Our advice is for delegates to book their tests and course with enough lead time.
We anticipate that the lead time will reduce.
To make this process as easy as possible delegates must give the same information in each stage (i.e. using their full name rather than nick names, same address) and must have the following:
- A passport style photo of your head and shoulders against a white background
- A scanned copy of your qualification certificate (CITB Site Safety Health and Safety Awareness), or proof that you are registered to complete a recognised construction related qualification relevant to your occupation.
- A scanned copy of your pass certificate for the appropriate level of CITB Health, safety and environment (HSE) test, and dated to within the last 2 years.
- A credit or debit card to pay the £36 application fee.
A guide to the steps to take to get a Green Labourer Card when taking the CITB Health & Safety Awareness course as follows:
STEP 1 – Book onto your CITB Operative Health, Safety & Environment test. We do not run these tests however a company called Pearson Vue run these tests daily and are subcontracted by the CITB to deliver the tests.
STEP 2 – Book onto a CITB Health & Safety Awareness course – we run this course and this can be booked by clicking here
The cost is £36
NB: CSCS cards can be renewed up to 6 months before they expire.
- It doesn’t matter what order you take step 1 and step 2 in but most people take their touch screen test first.
- Your CITB Health & Safety Awareness certificate will be sent to your recorded delivery up to 4-6 weeks after the course.
- Please use clear writing and put your real name not nicknames or shortened versions of your name.
- Please ensure you put the same home address on your forms and while it is not compulsory supplying your NI number speeds up your forms being processed.