Official CITB course of which we are an accredited member.
The two-day CITB SSSTS course is a Site Safety Plus accredited Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme for construction site supervisors. The site safety accreditation is the most recognised qualification and is a standard requirement for all supervisors set out by Build UK (previously known as UKCG).
CITB SSSTS courses are suitable for ‘acting’ managers or supervisors looking to take on a supervisor role.
SSSTS takes place over two days and helps develop knowledge, awareness and understanding of legal, moral and social responsibilities in respect of health, safety and welfare on construction sites. The course is a ‘supervisor’ course and is not the same as SMSTS (Site Manager Safety Training Scheme) which is more advanced course and qualification.
At the end of the course you will have an understanding of:
- Health & Safety – Laws & Regulations
- Supervisory responsibilities in controlling safely
- Risk Assessment and Method Statements (RAMS)
- Effective site inductions, tool box talks and method statement briefing
- Accident reporting
- Monitoring site activities safely
- The importance of using the correct PPE
- Intervening when bad practice is identified
- Group presentations
- Individual presentation to the class
- Course examination – delegates must acheive a pass mark of 80% of more.
Mandatory entry requirements:
- To be able to read, write and understand English to a good level. Please contact us if you have any concerns in this area.
- If you need to re-sit the test, you must do this within 90 days of the original course date at an additional charge
- You’ll need to provide a valid ID on the first day of the course, such as a copy of your passport or driving licence. See accepted list of ID.
We are committed to the govenment guidance for social distancing during the current Covid-19 pandemic and we offering both classroon and remote delivery for this course. Our remote delivery allows delegates to attend the course from their home or work anywhere with in the United Kingdom.
From the 7th December 2020 CITB will be issuing all certificates digitally which means hard copies will no longer be issued and sent out. Delegates will receive a PDF certificate via email. CITB have introduced this method to help significantly reduce the waiting time for delegates receiving their certification. This has been introduced by CITB not ourselves, all sites will now be required to except a PDF copy of CITB certification.
Course is for site supervisors
You will learn about your legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
NB: Qualification needs renewing every 5 years by attending a SSSTS Refresher course. You need to complete the refresher course before your certificate expires or you'll need to complete the full course again.
Alan is our Senior Trainer and Technical Director.
He spent 30 years as a Health & Safety Director of a National Construction company, so he has the muddy boots experience, the qualifications, the stories as well as the likability and sense of humour so crucial to helping people understand the importance of Health & Safety in the workplace.
|Days||Price per person||Location||Dates||Status|
|1||646||bristol||2||£200.00 + VAT||St Annes (Main Suite) · Bristol · BS4||Wed 20 Jan 2021 to Thu 21 Jan 2021||
1 Place Available
|1||646||bristol||2||£200.00 + VAT||St Annes (Main Suite) · Bristol · BS4||Thu 18 Feb 2021 to Fri 19 Feb 2021||
8 Places Available
|2||646||bristol||2||£200.00 + VAT||St Annes (Main Suite) · Bristol · BS4||Thu 18 Mar 2021 to Fri 19 Mar 2021||
9 Places Available
|3||646||bristol||2||£200.00 + VAT||St Annes (Main Suite) · Bristol · BS4||Thu 15 Apr 2021 to Fri 16 Apr 2021||
9 Places Available
|5||646||bristol||2||£200.00 + VAT||St Annes (Main Suite) · Bristol · BS4||Thu 20 May 2021 to Fri 21 May 2021||
20 Places Available
Q: Is The Training Societi a registered CITB training centre?
A: Yes, we're proud to be a fully registered and regularly audited CITB Site Safety Skills Training Centre.
Q: Is this course approved by the UKCG?
A: The SSSTS course is endorsed by the UK Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard mandatory training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites.
Q: How is the SSSTS course assessed?
A: There are two parts to the assessment of the SSSTS course as follows:
- There will be a test at the end of the course and delegates need to achieve a minimum pass mark of 80% to pass the course (24 marks out of 30) including 4 'critical questions' which they must pass.
- Delegates also have to pass the toolbox assessment which is a presentation. It is up to the instructor if delegates meet the criteria to pass.
Q: What does SSSTS stand for?
A: Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme.
Feedback on SSSTS Course
Very relevant to the work we will be undertaking; good training - helpful in the future.